Venison Roast. Price is per lb. Average roast has 3 lbs.
Venison Roasts fresh from Molokai. Order yours today and get a delicious roast of venison to serve at your next Holiday dinner. Our venison is freshly harvested as part of a management program on the island of Molokai.
Venison is a delicious and healthy alternative to beef and other meats. Venison is more lean and our island fresh deer eat the best from the hillsides of Molokai. Eating papaya, banana guava and other sweet goodness, makes these the tastiest yummies you have ever had.
Use this roast with a simple rub of rosemary, alae salt, cracked pepper, and dried Hawaiian Chili pepper. Rub a little truffle oil on the roast then add the rub and bake at 350 for 2.5 hours.
Pull the roast from the oven then let stand and cool for 10 minutes. Next slice and serve with a fresh berry compote. Best food you will have ever had.
Hawaii Venison Co-op is working to harvest healthy organic venison from Molokai. Exotic Axis Deer otherwise known as Chital Deer were a gift to King Kamehameha V as a walking food source back in the mid 1800’s. They are native to India, China and Japan.
Axis deer are organically raised in the hills of Molokai. Their meat is most popular for its high quality protein that is lean and nutritious with an absence of gamey taste.
Axis deer venison has been highly recommended by elite chefs around the globe and used in culinary competition shows like Iron Chef America.
Hawaii Venison Co-op is now working with partners on Molokai as we execute ethical wildlife management practices and through the USDA to make this high quality meat available for public consumption.
One of the highest grade culinary meats available, Axis Venison is not only delicious but healthful as well
- It is a totally natural meat containing no drugs, chemicals, hormones, pesticides or herbicides
- It is tolerated by those who are allergic to red meat
- It has caught the attention of the educated and health-conscious
- It is low in fat, cholesterol, sodium and calories, but high in protein
- It appeals to the American taste with its mild, tender, juicy and light-textured qualities
- It has absolutely no wild or gamey taste
- It has helped health patients who have been advised against consumption of red meat